Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumToday at 11:02 amGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsToday at 10:57 amGray[Episode] Hitch Hiking HoneysToday at 10:38 amGray[Episode] Red Wing Pirates and the Island of RuinYesterday at 12:49 pmKarl Friedrich[Bio] Rias KekoYesterday at 8:04 amGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandYesterday at 4:10 amYumiko[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsThu Sep 05, 2024 1:45 pmGray[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 3] Viva Las CostasThu Sep 05, 2024 12:56 pmGray[Episode] Phantasm's DebutThu Sep 05, 2024 12:08 pmGray
Go down
Anonymous

Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes! Empty Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:07 am
Episode:

There was something odd about the sea... the sound of the waves, the noise the seagulls made, in a way it reminded her of the wilderness at home. Some people might not understand it, but for someone whose entire community placed such dedication and importance in the hunt had developed almost a sixth sense for that sort of feeling. It was that sensation that could not be found in cities, and it was also that feeling that made the young tribeswoman known as Noir feel oddly at ease while she stood on the upper-deck of the ship.

"Not feeling seasick?" A masculine voice came from behind her, and upon turning toward the source of the sound Noir shook her head lightly in response. The man approached her was Adelbert, the captain of the crew of 'pioneers' that were kind enough to give her passage on their ship. From the short period, she had met him she could honestly say that he was a good man. He valued honor and friendship and even as someone who pursued true freedom he never allowed to let it go to his head. For example, they had a sacred rule that they would never hurt an innocent civilian, and they clearly also had the kindness to take care of someone like her.

"The sea is kind of like the wilderness, it's the same type of sensation but simply a different landscape." The words spoken by the young woman stirred a laugh from the Captain as he pressed his arms onto the railing of the ship, looking into the distance with a grin. "That's a good way to describe it. The sea is like the wilderness Noir, and best of all: there are still so many places unknown to men... To explore those lands and find the legendary treasure of the Pirate King is truly any man's dream. What about you, what will you do now that you're a pirate?"

The question caught her off-guard, raising a hand to her cheek while she thought carefully on the matter. While she had accepted the fact that there was no more reason to remain in her homeland now that her tribe was gone, she had never bothered to think about pursuing another ambition. "All I care for is to ensure the name of my tribe continues to exist. It is for that reason I wish to become famous."

The captain seemed intrigued by her answer, his gaze shifting away from the sea and onto her. There were plenty of reasons that people took to the seas. Sometimes they were personal and at other times they were to pursue wealth or fame. "To hunt dangerous creatures and defeat powerful foes... Is that what you mean with 'Being a hunter'?" a nod of confirmation came from Noir and the Captain seemed to consider the matter more deeply. "While it's true that you possess some crazy powers due to your Devil Fruit... have you ever fought a human in your human form before?" The shake of her head confirmed the Captain's concerns, after all, Noir's tribe lived from the hunt, so as a result, they were more trained to handle beasts than a fellow human! "Hmm, it's important for you to learn some way of fighting that doesn't rely on you becoming a 30 feet giant furball of doom." a chuckle followed by Noir at the description, while it was true that she could do a partial transformation, it wasn't like she was used to fighting like that! Fortunately for her, the navigator of the crew soon spoke to his captain's words with a grin as he approached the pair.

"How about Karate Island? We're scheduled to dock there today to resupply." Karate Island? It did sound like a logical solution for the problem. The island was famous for its dojos and martial arts masters, so surely they would be able to help Noir figure out a way of fighting that suit her. "That might be an option, I could ask Master Hong if he is willing to teach you some tricks." Noir's curiosity stirred lightly as they were talking about the island, and while it was unfamiliar to her, she did realize that the respect used it this 'Hong's' title suggested he was a powerful individual. Noticing the confused look upon the raven-haired lady's features the captain explained with a grin. "Master Hong is an old friend of mine, a powerful martial arts master who lives on the island we are about to visit."

Her interest seemingly stirred the man continued speaking. "He also is the master of the 'Way of the Beast', a unique martial arts style, you'll see when we get there."

A unique way of fighting? That certainly would have its uses to her. "Once we get on land contact Master Hong and tell him about Noir." One of the pirates nodded his head with a salute as the island came into sight. Just a bit longer until they would reach the island, to be honest, it was odd that when the island came into view her heart skipped a beat. Excitement? Of course, she was excited, not only was it her first time visiting another island, but she was also going to meet a powerful warrior! she had more than enough reason to be excited at that. The ship slowly set sail at the docks of a coastal village, and while the crew was preparing to resupply for their next trip Noir and the Captain made their way into the village. It was fascinating to see so many different people, their attires, and dialects so vastly different from her own but she had little time for sight-seeing. In the end Adelbert guided her from the busy market inland toward the various dojos, it took a whole hour before they reached their destination, but upon seeing the large building Noir noticed one peculiar thing: While the other dojos were filled to the brim with students honing their skills, this one was pretty much abandoned...

NPC Database:

Last edited by Noir on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes! Empty Re: Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 pm
Mini-Combat Post to try to figure out how rolling works

Noir used Coiling Viper (HT) On Master Hong
Noir used Blitz Mode (LT) on Master Hong
Noir used an UT on Master Hong

Master Hong uses Primal Fist (LT) on Noir
Master Hong uses Crane Kick (LT) on Noir
Master Hong uses an UT on Noir

Master Hong stats:

Attack: 200
Defense: 200
Reflex: 200
Willpower: 160
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes! Empty Re: Episode 001: That's not how the myth goes!

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:23 pm
The member 'Noir' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 11, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 11, 1
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm
As they entered the dojo grounds Noir could see an elderly man at the opposite side of the plaza, holding what appeared to be a walking stick. The Captain walked past her and approached Hong with a cheerful wave of his hand. "Master Hong! a pleasure to see you again-" Yet before he could finish his sentence the old man raised his walking stick upwards and slapped the side of Adelbert's arm with it soon started poking the end of the stick against the man's stomach, bombarding him with mocking attacks. "Spare me the theatrics, first you leave the island without any warning, then you suddenly send one of your goons to tell me that you're back! and then you lie to me saying that you found a candidate for the 'Way of the Beast' and instead come to flaunt your date with your scantily clad woman? You good for nothing son!"

Wait, son? Blinking in confusion Noir could only watch in disbelief as Adelbert was being manhandled, his protests resounding through the air. "Calm down old baboon! She is the freaking candidate!" The barrage of stick pokes finally subdued as the old man huffed in annoyance. "Why didn't you say so earlier. So you're the girlie that caught his attention? What's your name kiddo?" Although Noir was initially considering a protest as being called a kid, she didn't want to risk being poked into oblivion by that stick so instead, she replied calmly. "Noir... Noir of the Chevalier tribe."

The introduction seemed to stir a hint of interest in the old man's eyes as he mumbled softly. "Ah, the hunters of the wild... you're far away from your island." The response was painful, as it was clear when Noir's eyes sharpened into a glare and her hands started to tighten their grip into fists. "I don't have a home anymore, it's for that reason I seek your aid Master Hong. I desire power."

"Oh?" a Soft mumble came from the man as he pushed his stick sideways into Adelbert's arms. "How about you show me what you can do?" The man's request made Noir a bit hesitant, especially since Master Hong looked like he could barely walk without the stick! "Hah, why the hesitation kiddo? Too weak to hit an old man?"

That was enough... her eyes narrowing into a glare Noir rushed toward the elderly man, a sweeping motion of her leg used in the hope to make the man tumble onto his back, but to her surprise, he literally jumped into the air! However, she was not going to let him escape! A rapid punch was lunged toward the man [UT], but even then he easily intercepted her attack. "That's not an attack Kiddo!" Master Hong laughed as he suddenly pushed her backward, but not just any ordinary push, his motion was enough to break open her defense and with a violent spinning kick [LT][Crane Kick] that hit her with enough force to send her flying across the plaza into a nearby tree!

A pained gasp came from Noir as she collapsed onto a knee, struggling to get back upright. That kick carried an unnatural amount of force behind it! was that man even human?! "Surely you can do better Kiddo! I heard it from the goon: Use that power slumbering inside you!" It surprised her a little to hear those words, her gaze turning toward Adelbert who nodded his head lightly in response. "Fine... don't come to regret it later!" A feral warcry escaped from Noir while her left arm distorted into a giant monstrous claw and a long serpent extended from behind her. "So this is the Cerberus hmm? Show me what you can do kiddo!"

"RAAAAGH!" shouting like a berserker Noir rushed in a beeline toward her opponent, her clawed arm lunging toward the man [LT][Blitz Mode], but before she could even properly reach him the martial arts master had rushed to meet her charge, his right arm glowing with an eerie light while he punched toward her clawed arm! [UT] It was weird for Noir, someone who was so proud of her physical strength to be so easily overwhelmed, her arm slung backward from the blow while her entire body was knocked backward out of the sheer pressure of the wind produced with the punch. Yet she wasn't going to suffer such an unsightly defeat! Her tail swished forwards as the serpent attempted to coil around Master Hong [HT][Coiled Viper], but to her disbelief the man instead grabbed a hold of her tail and flung her toward him, his free hand balding up into a fist [LT][Primal Fist] and soon the punch connected to her stomach, the sheer force behind it making her gasp painfully for breath and collapsed onto his shoulder.

"That should do it..." The man's words were muffled to Noir who found her consciousness rapidly slipping away from the sheer force of the damage she had suffered just now. Adelbert sighed softly "Did you really had to go all out on her? You're like a freaking sadist..." Yet Master Hong remarked coldly at him. "It's precisely because it's her that I got to go all out. Now make yourself useful and carry her inside, I'll tend to her injuries."

And by then darkness had already consumed her vision as she drifted into the unconscious. Master Hong's power was truly overwhelming, to the point she didn't even stand a chance! However, while a part of her admired the man's strength, deep inside her she felt a certain feeling of disgust at how easily she had been bested. Was this truly the limit of her capacities? It was frustrating... This was nowhere near the power of her brother, nor would she be able to make the Chevalier tribe's reputation become famous with such a lackluster power...

Techniques Used:
techniques duration and cooldown:
Stats tracker:

Last edited by Noir on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:46 pm
A dream... Although it might have actually been a memory instead of a dream. It was back when she was still a child, seated on a rock overlooking the village Noir turned her gaze toward her elder brother and inquired with a hint of curiosity. "Big bro, how comes you're so strong?" The question caused the young man seated beside her to laugh heartily as he answered her with a smile. "It's because I have a reason to fight." The question caused the child to tilt her head sideways in confusion "A reason? Why would that make you strong? It's not a weapon!"

Her brother shook his head lightly while he raised a hand to pet her head lightly, soon ruffling her hair playfully. "But emotions are a very powerful weapon Noir. When people have a reason to fight for, they can overcome the hardships and obstacles that would make most people collapse." So emotions were a weapon, and having a reason to fight was the greatest form of that weapon? Although she didn't understand it that well, she still wanted to hear more about it from her beloved brother. "What is your reason?" The question made the man chuckle as he rose to his feet and crouched down before her. "My reason for being strong is because I have you to protect Noir. I will always be the big brother that watches over you. And do you remember our promise?" The girl nodded her head enthusiastically. "Together we become the greatest hunters in the world!"

But that promise was one he couldn't keep... she still remembered the sight of her strong brother, felled by a cowardly shot in the back from one of the cutthroats that entered the village. He would never be able to hunt again, in the end, he was... dead. A gasp escaped Noir's lips as she suddenly pushed her body upright, discovering that her transformed arm had returned back to normal, albeit it was covered in bandages. A look around the room suggested she was in some sort of sleeping quarters, as there had been the bed she had been laying on, but before she could think further on the matter she overheard voices from the room that connected to the one she was in.

"So, what do you think of her?" It was Adelbert's voice, his tone seemed more serious than she was used to hearing. "She's no good... she lacks a reason." Master Hong's voice sounded somewhat disappointed, yet the words clearly agitated the captain who exclaimed out loud. "Her entire society was slaughtered! If desiring power for that reason is not enough to desire strength, then fuck all those wannabe martial artists on the island!" A reason... "You don't understand Adel, the Way of the Beast doesn't work for those who seek its power for-" However, his sentence was stopped when he heard footsteps, Noir's footsteps and soon the young woman stood before the arguing family. "To crush..." The words caused Adelbert and the martial arts master to go silent as they looked at her. "I seek the power to crush those who would stand in my path! The power to survive and hunt till I'm the last predator standing!"

The words spoken by Noir caused Adelbert to open his mouth as if he had been preparing to protest, but Master Hong stepped forward. "Interesting... Very well, I will see whether you're compatible with the teachings. Adelbert, go and pick up the key in my room, we're going into the basement."

The basement? When Adelbert's face turned slightly pale Noir couldn't help but feel curious at Master Hong's words, and when they arrived at a staircase leading toward a door that led underground the elderly man started speaking as he unlocked the door. "Have you ever wondered what makes us different from animals Noir?" The question left her somewhat dumbfounded, not sure how to answer him. "Primal Instinct, most humans' their primal instinct is severely suppressed. You could say that every human is a chained beast. My way of fighting will teach you to tap into your inner beast and find the power to overcome the difficulties ahead of you. However, before we can proceed I should warn you: The room you're about to enter, is one you will enter alone."

Wasn't he going to teach her? Noticing her confusion he laughed briefly as he continued. "Don't worry, once inside you'll understand. The underground room contains a special type of incense that will cause you to face your inner-beast. However, what happens afterward will be something only you can decide. Whether you'll become one with the beast, or fall and be devoured... Are you still prepared?"

The question didn't need to be asked twice! A hand reached for the door as she pushed it open and stepped inside. However, to her surprise, she found that the room was eerily empty. Only a single large jar with an incense that was burning filled the room... Had it been a trap? However, before she could even consider the matter further a deep growling came from around her. Of course, the wary hunter turned toward the sound, but to her surprise, something stood before her, that normally shouldn't have been: a large three-headed Cerberus emerged from the shadows surrounding the room, actually the room itself had disappeared! Rather than standing inside a room, it looked like she was inside an infinitely stretching abyss of darkness that was oddly illuminated by black flames.

"An Illusion?" However, to her surprise, the Cerberus replied in a familiar voice. "Such a ridiculous question, then again it's no wonder that you're oblivious when you refuse to listen." The Cerberus huffed loudly as a gout of flames escaped her mouth, the heat of the fire making Noir realize that this was clearly not an illusion! Coming face to face with the beast and seeing her reflection in its eyes made Noir realize the dangerous truth of this trial and the creature that stood before her. In the end, the identity of this monster was...

It was the beast lurking inside her heart!

Last edited by Noir on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:29 am
Looking up at the large Cerberus Noir had to admit she felt slightly impressed at the giant beast's intimidating factor, but this was clearly not the time to look in awe, for the beast lunged forward with one of her clawed arms. "You haven't changed one bit." Narrowly avoiding the swipe of the claw by jumping sideways Noir attempted to swing the gauntlet blade on her arm, the weapon slicing against the tough hide of the beast, but seemed lacking in power to penetrate it. "Che.. What do you mean with that?"

Rushing beneath the beast she attempted to change her plan: aiming for a vulnerable spot instead but before she could even reach its underbelly a large serpent-like tail swept toward her, the large snake knocking her backwards and a moment later the clawed arm of the beast came down onto her, trapping her underneath it. "You're still lying to yourself. Protecting the honor of your tribe? What a ridiculous farce!" Despite her struggles Noir couldn't find the strength to lift the Cerberus's paw. "You know that's just a feeble attempt to deceive yourself..." The Cerberus growled menacingly when suddenly one of its jaws came down toward her, the paw that had pinned her down withdrawing in the process. Fortunately for her, she was barely fast enough to roll out of the way from the first head that attempted to chomp down onto her, but to make matters worse the second head inhaled sharply and soon unleashed a torrent of flames at her! The poor huntress could only raise her arms to shield her from most of the flames when suddenly a glint of metal flashed amidst the inferno! Diving straight at the beast's central head Noir's blade hit one of the beast's eyes, causing it to howl ferociously while Noir ran toward its neck. As long as she remained on top of the beast she didn't need to worry about its head! but the serpent tale was another story. The initial thrust of the snake's head was nimbly dodged as she sidestepped and raised her gauntlet blade, slicing into the serpent but once more she couldn't cleave through it! By then the snake had turned around and lunged at her again, the attack to her flank knocking her into the air when she finally collapsed onto her knees.

"Are you even trying?" The Cerberus growled her question, to which the huntress replied dryly. "I'm fighting a giant monster, cut me some slack..." Yet the Cerberus crouched down before her, looking her in the eye while stating in a cold tone. "Now I get it. You're fighting a losing battle not because you're brave, but because you're suicidal." The words stirred a glare from Noir who slowly took a step forward. "I lost everything that day. My friends, my family... my home... Yet the words I said weren't a lie! I desire power!"

The Cerberus rose onto her feet as Noir's gauntlet blade thrust forward. The Cerberus prepared to chomp down her central head's maw onto Noir, aware the woman would likely try to dodge sideways, but then she would just get burnt again! However, as the maw came down onto Noir the Cerberus found her teeth digging into the woman's body, her blood dripping into the beast's mouth. "What---" the Cerberus felt her body freeze for a moment at the soft laugh that came from Noir. "I told you, I desire power and am willing to pay any price. Including my humanity! so devour it as much as you want!"

To be willing to abandon what it meant to be human. Was that how far she was willing to go to gain the power to defeat anything that crossed her path? To become someone so strong that her tribe's name would be remembered even generations to come? Actually was she even still fighting for her tribe? To her, it felt like she had been struggling all along to find her real reason for desiring power. The pain she was starting to feel had started to numb, and finally, the jaws closed down onto her entirely, causing the Cerberus to swallow her whole...

At that point, Noir wasn't sure what happened, at one point she had been fighting the Cerberus, yet all of a sudden she was standing in the same room as before, but a soft feminine voice came from nearby. "Ssso, this was your anssswer... interessssting~" Looking sideways from her hip she looked in bewilderment at the large snake that looked up at her. "You can... speak?" The serpent hissed in amusement as she remarked. "Of courssssse I can, sssstill, I didn't think you had it in you." tilting her head sideways in confusion Noir looked at her transformed arm and mumbled softly. "What was that all about..."

"Feeling any different?" The serpent inquired, causing Noir to nod her head lightly. "It feels like a burden was lifted from my shoulders." The words caused a hiss from the snake as she continued. "Did you find your ansssswer?" The nod from the woman's light nod caused the serpent to nudge her head toward the distant door. "Then go and voice it for all to hear."

Her stride strong and swift Noir marched toward the door, and upon opening it both Master Hong and Adelbert looked at her. "Back I see, let me ask you again Noir: Why do you seek power?"

A short pause followed before she felt her lips curve into a smirk. "I want to become the strongest predator in this world!" The old man laughed softly as he turned his back at her. "Good, those eyes are no longer those of a girl bound by regrets, but of a beast that seeks prey. Very well, let us begin putting that new form of yours to practice."

As she followed Master Hong she couldn't help but feel as if something had changed, and it was at that time she understood why. "You're starting to notice it, don't you? Now that you became one with the beast inside you, you lack the restraints humans have both physical and mental. To put it into layman words: All those thoughts that haunted you till now are gone, a beast knows no regrets, nor do they care for the future. they only live in the here and now and claim whatever they desire."

But what consequences would it bring? To live and think so freely? Only time would tell...

Last edited by Noir on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:19 am
It had been a few days since Noir's training under the care of Master Hong, and while his training was just as stern as it was ferocious, Noir had to admit that it helped her immensely, not only did she learn to manipulate her body in its hybrid form as if it was her natural true form, but she also found that with Narci, ahem the serpent tail she could grow and her transformed arm that she could output a lot more power than normally. Her short stay on the island had also attracted some attention, since Master Hong, while famous as a martial artist was also infamous for never taking a disciple, so her presence was stirring a lot of curiosity among the disciples.

"A tournament?" Noir's attention had shifted from her meal toward Master Hong who nodded his head. "Indeed, the Disciple of Discipline is a grand event on Karate Island. Normally you'd be unable to enter the tournament due to Devil Fruit powers being forbidden, but that is why I been having Adel put his goons to good use. You're now Noir, a member of the highly elusive Cerberus people from the Grandline. If anyone asks your 'partial' form is actually your true form, and you're able to transform into your human form thanks to meditation."

Wow, that was one hell of a lie, but if this was a tournament then surely there would be some powerful opponents to test her skills at! While tearing some meat off the bone she was holding the young woman remarked calmly. "Sounds like a good opportunity to see how far I improved. Sure, I'll enter!"

It was at that time however that a boy's voice came from outside "Master Hong! I have finally done it!" The noise seemed to stir a groan from the elderly man who mumbled under his breath. "Not again... Wait here Noir, I'll be right back."

Watching the old man leave the room Noir's curiosity was stirred as she exited the room and saw the man talking to a teenage kid. "I told you, kid, I don't take disciples, besides your incompatible with my martial arts." Master Hong was seemingly arguing with the kid, who exclaimed proudly. "But I have done as you said: I awakened my inner beast!" The elderly man sighed in annoyance. "Look now---" but the kid clearly wasn't going to listen to an objection. "Here, let me show you just how feral I became!"

The kid took a step backwards, spreading his legs and adjusting his body into a combative stance. "HERE I GO!"

WOOF WOOF! did he... seriously just bark? "Ooy kiddo why you're barking like a pup being fed biscuits?" The kid's gaze turned toward her while he inquired with a hint of annoyance in her tone. "Who is that woman?" Master Hong groaned in annoyance, shaking his head while he replied. "That's ironic coming from you, anyway that kid's name is Heracles. Either way, this lass is my disciple Noir, she is part of a special species called the 'Cerberus' living on the Grandline. So you see, I already got my hands full dealing with one headache."

Unfortunately for her her presence had stirred an unexpected result from the boy. "Cerberus... Impossible, to think I'd face one here! This must be destiny!" Huh? Tilting their heads to the side in confusion both Noir and Master Hong looked in bewilderment at the kid as he continued. "I come from the Olympus island! My people have a sacred legend that tells that many years ago a great hero defeated the monster known as a Cerberus-" Noir's eyes narrowed slightly as she took a step forwards. "I might not have combed my hair, but a monster is a bit cruel even for me..." Yet her protest went unheard as he continued. "So if I defeat you, I would be heralded as the reincarnation of that famous hero! FACE ME IN COMBAT CERBERUS!" Wait a moment, don't drag her into needless fights! Turning her back at Master Hong she mumbled softly. "Your brat, your problem." But it was the words that followed that caused a change of thought. "Or are you too scared to face me? Running away with your tail wagging between your legs?" ... a eerily tense silence lingered momentarily as Master Hong sighed loudly. "You shouldn't have said that..." But by now it was too late, stepping down the staircase into the dojo's plaza she spoke out loud. "Change of plans: you don't mind if I beat this brat as long as his body remains recognizable, right?" The words caused a glint of amusement in the old man's eyes. "This is going to become a headache..."

The two of them slowly moved to the opposite sides of the plaza, Heracles looking at her with a serious look on his face. "I won't kill you, in the end, the story goes that the noble hero brought back his defeated foe to the village, not to mention the Cerberus is immortal." Wait what? Who was feeding this kid an overdose of bullshit? "I'm not exactly immortal... Ugg enough already, tell me... what does that legend say about the fight between the hero and the Cerberus?"

Heracles seemingly was quite excited by that question as he briefly got sidetracked from the fight and explained enthusiastically "The story says that the great hero defeated the beast with a whack of a giant club!" a giant club... "But you're unarmed..." The boy paused for a moment, seemingly at a loss of words. "My fists are as hard as a club! I'll be fine!" No, he likely wouldn't... "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Tell you what 'Great Hero Heracles'" she mockingly said before continuing in amusement. "Let's rewrite the legend a little, the Cerberus was actually an agitated young lady, who disliked bratty kids and as a result is going to beat the hero up!" To those words, Heracles seemingly thought deeply. "That doesn't sound like a myth, and more like a bully doing wishful thinking."

A sigh followed from Noir while she made a quip in response. "You're a headache, you know that?" but by then Master Hong lost his patience already and shouted in anger. "ARE YOU TWO GOING TO FIGHT ALREADY?!"

Last edited by Noir on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 am
Noir used Clawed Vengeance MT against Heracles
Noir used Blitz Mode LT against Heracles
Noir used Flamethrower LT against Heracles
Noir used an UT against Heracles

Heracles used Fist of the Hero MT against Noir
Heracles used Heracles Kick LT against Noir
Heracles used A Thousand slaps of fury LT against Noir
Heracles used a UT against Noir

techniques used::

Abilities currently active:
Hybrid Form:
The user obtains the ability to create a 'hybrid' form, in this form Noir grows a serpent tail, her large clawed arm and the ability to breathe fire. This translates it a 10% boost to her Attack but will lower her defense by 5% and her Reflex by an additional 5% also

Noir's stats:
Hitpoints (HP) : 145
Attack (ATK) : 100 > 110
Defense (DEF) : 100 > 95
Reflex (RX) : 100 > 95
Willpower (WP) : 90

Heracles' stats
Stats:
Attack: 70
Defense: 90
Reflex: 70
Willpower: 90
HP: 145/145
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 5, 11, 9, 10

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 12, 16, 3
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:21 pm
It didn't take long after Master Hong's shout that the fight began in earnest. The first one to move was Heracles, who let out a shout to encourage himself while he darted toward her, yet the young man's punch was way slower than those she had grown used to under the harsh training of Master Hong [MT][Fist of the Hero]! The moment the young martial artist came near her Noir lunged forwards, the sheer strength of her legs making the pavement beneath her feet crack slightly as she knocked her transformed arm into the young lad's stomach. [LT][Blitz Mode] However, the sheer force of her charge was enough to lift the poor boy off his feet, knocking him lightly into the air, and while the lad was airborne her claw swept upwards! Fortunately for Heracles the young man was able to narrowly twist his body sideways, allowing him to avoid the majority of the damage from her violent swing! [MT] [Clawed Vengeance]

Spinning around Noir eyed her opponent and hummed softly. "Oh~ I thought you were going to give up already~" Yet to those words Heracles exclaimed proudly. "A hero knows neither surrender or defeat!" Yet to those words Noir could only grin as she answered him with another rush. The two of them met midway, her initial swing of her clawed arm sweeping through the air, but all of a sudden it seemed like the young disciple's body sped up, a swift sidestep and a kick of his leg making Noir feel the strength of the boy's kick collide against her flank. [LT][Heracles Kick] Still, it did little to slow down Noir whose large clawed arm reached for the boy's head, a violent grab making the poor lad flail while he shouted. "Unhand me!" A demand that Noir intended to give in to in her own way, for she knocked the kid several feet through the air before he came to a halt against a tree. "You really fight like a monster..." Should she have taken that as a compliment? Nonetheless, Heracles was quick to return to the battle, but his choice of attack was something less than she had anticipated. He rushed straight at her, his hands flailing in a flurry of slaps yet they did little but agitate Noir who pushed her boot into the 'hero' his stomach. "Stop wasting my time kid..." A sudden blur came from her side when Heracles felt his body thrust backwards by the hissing serpent that swayed behind Noir! "Ssss, from hunter to babysitter, odd change of career if you asssk me."

Still, even then the brave hero wouldn't allow it to stop him, another attempt to reach her with a punch [UT]having a more disastrous result for him when Noir nimbly dodged by means of a back step when finally she made a single violent upwards swing of her clawed arm [UT], the sheer strength of the attack knocking the boy upwards before she inhaled sharply. A sudden torrent of flames was expelled from her mouth, consuming the airborne lad in the fire who after a moment finally collapsed onto the ground, his body looking like he has just exited a chimney. "Grr... I won't be defeated by you!" yet so far it clearly appeared Noir had the advantage in this fight!

Still, for some weird reason the fight reminded her of her own battle against Master Hong a few days ago, she really had changed from the way she was at that time...

Combat Results:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm
Noir uses Serpent Bite on Heracles (MT)
Noir used Food Time on Heracles (LT)
Noir used an UT on Heracles

Heracles uses Falcon Punch MT on Noir
Heracles uses Return of the Hero LT on Noir
Heracles uses Heracles Kick LT on Noir
Heracles used an UT on Noir

Abilities currently active:
Hybrid Form:
The user obtains the ability to create a 'hybrid' form, in this form Noir grows a serpent tail, her large clawed arm and the ability to breathe fire. This translates it a 10% boost to her Attack but will lower her defense by 5% and her Reflex by an additional 5% also

Noir's stats:
Hitpoints (HP) : 145
Defense (DEF) : 100 > 95
Reflex (RX) : 100 > 95
HP: 131/145

Heracles' stats
Stats:
Attack: 70
Reflex: 70
Willpower: 90
HP: 101/145
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:33 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 6, 4, 6

#2 'Reflex Check' : 14, 5, 13, 20
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:39 pm
The fight was clearly growing more intense by the moment, although Noir had the advantage right now, Heracles clearly didn't intend to let that make him falter! Running toward her the young man's body suddenly became a blur when without any warning he reappeared right above her, his arm thrown back as he prepared for a devastating blow. "Secret Technique: FALCON PUNCH!" like the hero of some cheese battle manga Heracles shouted the name of his attack, yet surprisingly enough its speed was a lot higher than she had expected, and before Noir had the chance to react the fist connected against her jaw and made her stagger a few steps backwards [MT][Falcon Punch]. "Heh, I guess you're not just all bark and no bite~" Noir's grin faded slightly as she raised her regular hand to her mouth and wiped away some of the blood when finally she prepared her counter-attack. The two of them rushed toward the center of the battlefield, fist colliding against claw as the two warriors brawled in close quarters. Whether one landed a punch, the other retaliated with a hit of their own, but it was at some point things changed.

It likely happened when the tail swaying behind Noir lashed forwards and Heracles felt the sharp fangs of the serpent penetrate his neck [MT][Serpent Bite], causing a pained cry from the boy while he collapsed onto his knees. She could see it, her venom was starting to course through his blood, He coughed while the familiar plant known as the Wolfsbane started to grow from the spot she had bit him, but at the same time something in Heracles' motions changed. The young man rushed forwards, a leg sweeping toward her, and while initially she intended to intercept the blow, it came with such ferocity she was knocked sideways into the wall of the building [LT][Heracles Kick]. But that was not all! His body moving with an unnatural speed Noir was barely fast enough to lift her arms upwards to intercept the punch that knocked her through the building and onto the grassy fields outside the dojo.

Still, what followed was something likely neither Master Hong or Heracles had expected! While Heracles had her pinned down Noir lifted her head toward the young man's neck, and soon Heracles shuddered lightly, to his surprise finding that Noir had licked the area that her tail had bitten a moment ago! [LT][Food Time]. While for some it might had looked like some misplaced fanservice, the truth was that Noir was consuming the Wolfsbane on his neck, recovering her energy as a result and granting her enough strength to knock the lad off her with her transformed arm.

"W-What was that for, you freaking pervert!" Yet All Noir did was rise back onto her feet and lick her lips lightly while pointing at her neck, the gesture making the young man reach for his own neck. "That plant on your neck, it's poisonous for most, but for me it's actually invigorating. Still, to think you'd had such thoughts... I guess you're still a boy at heart~" A chuckle followed from Noir as she briefly looked around the area, realizing there was more than enough place for her to transform entirely. "So~ Heracles, you desired to fight a Cerberus, Then let me grant you that wish!"

Looking in disbelief Heracles watched her rapidly enlarge into a three-headed hellhound that towered above him

The Cerberus Appears:

"Ugg, so you really are a three-faced bitch!" was his retaliation to the transformation while he prepared himself for the grand final clash of their brawl!

Combat Details:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:00 pm
Noir used Coiled Viper HT on Heracles
Noir used an UT on Heracles

Heracles used 'Club of Heracles' MT on Noir
Heracles used 'Heracles Kick' LT on Noir
Heracles used 'Heracles Punch' LT on Noir
Heracles used an UT on Noir

Ability active:
Cerberus Form:
Alternatively, she wields her ability to create a full transformation into the Cerberus form. This causes her to turn into a 30 feet tall Cerberus. In this form, Noir has all the features associated to the Cerberus at her disposal, granting her an astonishing +10% Reflex and 10% Attack, at the cost of reducing her Defense by 20%

Noir's stats:
Defense (DEF) : 100 > 80
Reflex (RX) : 100 > 110
HP: 107/145

Heracles' stats
Stats:
Attack: 70 > 84
Reflex: 70 > 84
Willpower: 90 > 54
HP: 42/87
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:00 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 6, 5

#2 'Reflex Check' : 17, 12, 6, 20
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:33 pm
A sudden swish came from behind Noir, the serpent tail of the Cerberus lashing forwards in an attempt to catch the young man, [HT][Coiled Viper] but Heracles was prepared! Even with her giant form Noir lacked the speed to catch the young man, the jump of the martial artist allowing him to land on the neck of the serpent and soon he dashed forward along the tail. Of course Noir tried her best to catch him, her heads trying to capture the young man into her jaws but soon Heracles leaped off the tail and make a downwards sweep with his leg. "CLUB OF HERACLES!"[MT][Club of Heracles] the shout accompanied with a loud slam of his leg against the back of her central head, an attack that came with enough ferocity to send her head straight into the ground! A pained whine came from the Cerberus who had just withdrawn her tail and attempted to attack with it again, but this time Heracles dived underneath it and kicked it upwards with all his might! "HERACLES KICK!" [LT][Heracles Kick]

Still, the pain only infuriated Noir further who raised one of her claws and batted him sideways! [UT] The attack connected, sending Heracles tumbling across the grass but before she could grab him into one of her maws the young man had rolled out of reach and with a swing of his fist declared proudly. "HERACLES PUNCH!"[LT][Heracles Punch]. Fortunately for Noir she was fast enough to pull her head upwards again, allowing her to avoid the attack as the due faced each other again, locked in a battle of pride. This time the first one to react was Noir, rushing forwards in a beeline toward Heracles, but her charge missed its target when the young man dived beneath her, and seemingly figuring out a new strategy Noir's tail pursued him from the opposite side. First Heracles dodged the piercing attack of the tail by stepping sideways, but it was then when the tail turned that he was caught by surprise, the attack on his back making him stagger, and soon regaining his balance he was prepared to return the favor!

Heracles ran toward one of Noir's back legs, a kick against it making her stagger slightly [UT] before she suddenly jumped backward, seemingly gauging the young man's actions... She had taken more damage than she had anticipated, perhaps the result of her poison? It did seem that for the moment the young man had gained much more power than he had previously possessed, and slowly but certainly the tide of the battle was starting to turn into his favor... She couldn't, and wouldn't allow that to happen! But how? how would she be able to stop Heracles from moving around so rapidly? Right now she had no idea, but perhaps by observing him she could get a thought of how to counter his reflexes....

combat situation:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:40 pm
Noir's stats:
Defense (DEF) : 100 > 80
Reflex (RX) : 100 > 110
HP: 71/145

Heracles' stats
Stats:
Attack: 70 > 84
Reflex: 70 > 84
Willpower: 90 > 54
HP: 36/87

Noir uses Chomp HT on Heracles
Noir used Flamethrower LT on Heracles
Noir used UT on Heracles

Heracles uses Dragon Kick MT on Noir
Heracles used Heracles Kick LT on Noir
Heracles used Heracles Punch LT on Noir
Heracles used UT on Noir
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:40 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 12, 13, 18

#2 'Reflex Check' : 10, 5, 6, 6
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:05 pm
It appeared she had to act clever, while she loathed to admit it, Heracles was not exactly as weak as she had expected. No, against a foe like that she would need to find an opening to expose. Her body was already starting to ache in certain areas, and she knew all too well she wouldn't have too long before exhaustion would start taking its toll.

Heracles had seemingly turned the table, taking the initiative and soon dashed toward her! Alarm bells ringed in her mind, aware that she had to cut down his charge, lest he'd get close to her and land another flurry of attacks upon her body! Inhaling sharply the gaut of flames that emerged in the three jaws of the Cerberus alerted Heracles of the approaching attack, the young martial artist's mind focusing entirely on his reflexes. All he had to do was avoid the encroaching attacks and he would win! The first head opened her jaws and roared menacingly, the flames being unleashed in a stream of an intensely hot fire, and yet it was not enough to be capable of stopping Heracles!

Leaping to the side he avoided the initial flames that were send in a linear pattern, yet seeing the sweeping motion of the Cerberus her head Heracles expected what would happen next, surely she would try to slow him down with a horizontal angled line of flames, and indeed with a sweep of her head the flames were unleashed in a conal blast!

"That won't stop me!" Heracles declared proudly, his feet digging into the ground and with a burst of inhuman strength launched himself into the air and straight over the wall of flames. However, little did he realize the fatal error of his maneuver: The fact that the Cerberus had three heads!

"Got you!" The Cerberus exclaimed with sheer determination, her middle head lunging forwards, jaws spread wide, and with Heracles in the middle of his jump, he had no chance to evade the incoming attack! [HT] Heracles obviously was surprised, his eyes widening in shock as the giant maw of the Cerberus opened and seemingly swallowed him whole.

"NOOO! Please don't eat me! I don't taste like chicken!" Screams and sobs came from within her maw as she felt Heracles flail on top of her tongue, feebly attempting to reach for her fangs when finally she released him, quite literally by spitting him out.

"Of course you don't taste like chicken, that was more the flavor of a donkey..." The Cerberus mumbled softly as she watched Heracles's body twitching lightly amidst her spit, the sight both amusing yet disturbing at the same time...

"I guess I just officially crushed that myth of yours..." But it seemed Heracles had been too traumatized to answer her... However, for not she turned toward the spectator of their duel, the elderly martial arts master idly stroking his beard. "It seems that duel is settled then with your victory Noir."

At least it was a job well done! Not that she was that proud of how much of a difficulty that kid proved to be, was it his potential or was it a sign she was still weak herself?

----

Combat Situation:
Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:21 pm
As she seemed lost in thought Master Hong approached her, noticing the thoughtful frown upon her visage. "What's the matter?" Noir gazed into the direction of the unconscious Heracles and found herself musing quietly. "I need to grow stronger... if a kid like that gives me troubles then..." However, as if on cue, the giant Cerberus found her stomach growling loud enough that the ground shook lightly, earning a hearty laugh from the old master who placed his hands behind his back and hummed softly. "It seems training shall have to wait kiddo, when a beast finishes the hunt, she feasts."

A series of footsteps resounded from nearby as a familiar voice called out "And a feast she shall get!" Adelbert and his crew approached the dojo from the nearby village, his subordinates carrying flasks of ale and other beverages while others were carrying all sorts of meat and fish, clearly, they had brought more than enough to feed an entire tribe if they wanted!

"Adelbert!" Noir exclaimed excitedly at the sight of all that meat while she transformed back into her humanoid form and rushed over to the crew. It was only a few hours afterward till the dojo was abuzz with the lively sound of laughter and partying, the pirates having fun and making merry while Adelbert and Noir were conversing at one of the tables.

"So did you decide yet what you plan to do? You're welcome to keep traveling with us, ya know?" But at that invitation Noir shook her head gently in response. "Thank you for the offer Adelbert, but I shall remain on this island for a while longer. I want to experience more fights like the one I had today."

Hearing those words led a voice to call from behind them. "Then the upcoming martial arts tournament is your best bet." Her gaze turning toward the voice she could spot Master Hong approach them, a calm smile on his lips. "It's an excellent opportunity for you to hone your skills in battle Noir, and maybe you'll find someone interesting to accompany."

In return to those words Noir nodded her head lightly, seemingly quite interested in the proposal. A chance to fight strong opponents, and maybe find a new friend to travel with, it clearly was an idea that could lead to the start of a great new adventure for her!

"But for now, we shall feast till the early hours!" Adelbert exclaimed excitedly as he raised a piece of meat into the air, upon which Noir raised her own giant chunk of roasted meat, likely beef high into the air as she grinned. "FREEDOM ON LAND!" Upon which the partying pirates raised their goblets and yelled in unison: "AND FREEDOM AT SEA!" Indeed, they were free, and that was perhaps the greatest gift one could have in this world.

But as this story started to reach its conclusion, another tale was surely waiting to be told... but that story? That story will have to be for another time~
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:35 pm

GRADING

COMMENTS
This was an exciting start to Noir's adventure! I really liked reading Noir's journey of self-discovery to find her reason to fight. The thread did suffer a bit from some animanga tropes (which is often inevitable). Your use of the combat system was flawless though - very well done. I found no errors that stood out. One habit of yours that I noted which you could probably improve upon is the repetition of certain words.

Great job finishing your first quest!

REWARDS

Noir Chevalier
Difficulty Bonus: +0% (+0)
Quality Bonus: +25% (B)

EXP: 63 [ 50 + (25%*50)]
Berries: 937,500 [75k*lvl10 + 25%(75k*lvl10)]
Bounty: +0 | {No bounty increase since no actions warranted it.}

Note that the above rewards were calculated based on Noir's original level (i.e. Level 10). In the future, your quest rewards will be calculated based on your new level.

Changes to Noir's profile:
EXP: 2500 -> 2563
Berries: 50,000 -> 987,500
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord